Thursday, March 20, 2014

GOOGLE'S UNIQUE DOODLE TO WELCOME SPRING!

Doing my usual 4 a.m. google search (google geek don't judge) when I can't sleep, I opened Google and saw 


this unique image of a man watering the ground and flowers blooming and thought to myself OH! IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SPRIIIING! (In my happiest little kid's voice) How could I forget today was the first day of spring with the winter we have had this year you may ask? Well its because here in Washington, DC we are stil having winter (sigh) With snow falling this pass Monday and I'm not talking a flake here and there, I'm talking winter wonderland, schools closed and all type snow! But it's alright IT'S ALRIGHT, because I know there is light at the end of the tunnel. It can only get hotter from here...well not here yet seeing how Saturday is suppose to close to 70° but calling for snow YET AGAIN on Tuesday (mother natural is going through meapas goosh) but again IT'S ALRIGHT. 

KNOWLEDGE BOMB!
How many of you know why today is even the first day of spring??? Anyone?

Well twice a year, the earth’s axis is angled that the world gets an equal amount of daylight and night. As the axis tilts further, the northern hemisphere gets more direct sunlight, which Is the cause of spring and summer’s warmer temperatures. So for those who didnt know now you know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment