Tuesday, February 25, 2014

TALENT TUESDAY: DC NATIVE R&B ARTIST LEXI THOMPSON




Who is Lexi?
 Lexi: "Lexi is a singer songwriter, model, Business owner and all around entertainer."

 






When did you know you wanted to pursue a music career?
Lexi: "I've know I wanted to be a singer at a very young age, My mom was into music and my whole family is musically inclined, even at the age of 5 i was mimicking my mom singing her gospel riffs all around the house, she saw that I was good at it so she supported me in my quest to become a singer, by sending me to voice lessons and artist development."



Do you write your own lyrics? And if so what inspires them?
 Lexi: "I've been writing my own lyrics since the age of 12, a lot of my music comes from personal experience or my surroundings, meaning issues my friends and family members my be going through at the time, I also love to read, so i have a vivid imagination and it come out through my music."







What do you want people to take from you music?
Lexi: "I want them to feel the raw emotion that I exude in my music, but most importantly the message of the song.

What are you working on at the moment? 
Lexi: "I am currently working on a new single that will be released this spring!"










Do you have anything in the near future we should look out for?
Lexi: "I am currently working on a solo project that will be released this year, I am very excited about it!!"

Do you have any advice for artist who want to make it in the industry?
Lexi: "My advice is, consistency beats talent, when talent doesn't work hard, never give up on your dreams, continuous to make goals and you will eventually get to where your trying to be!!"


Twitter: @thelexisshowInstagram:
Instagram: @thelexisshow

2 comments: