Tuesday, April 29, 2014

TALENT TUESDAY: MJ SMITH






Mj Smith Is a DMV (Dc, Maryland, Virginia) artist. He makes music for literally EVERYONE. There is no real base crowd. He engineers to relate to regular everyday problems or situations that us human beings go through. i.e


. Not being accepted, heard or understood. In edition to this i make songs that sort of "get back" at those who did/do not believe in one's goals for whatever reason. aka the Dislike or Hater. He also make celebration music geared for when you feel you've made accomplishments and just want to appreciate yourself. He mixs realism and storytelling with party music always reinstating that it is positive vibes at the end of the day.





What is the back story of your name?

MJ: "I have a crazy first name so the nickname "Mj" was given to me in 3rd grade. Hasn't been changed since. I added the last name so it wouldnt be confused with Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson".




When did you know you wanted to pursue a music career?

MJ: "I have been making music since i was about 6 years old, and my close friends always told me i should take it seriously. The recent years i started taking their advice".






What Is your Inspiration?

MJ: "I have many inspirations. I think overall "achievement" is my biggest one. To be able to accomplish and "make it"  would be amazing. Also, to make money and see those who have struggled with me no longer have to do so.





What do you want people to take from you music?

MJ: "I want people to simply understand that they're are not the only ones who go through hardships as well as understand that it IS okay to celebrate and appreciate what they have accomplished and have been blessed with".





What makes you different from the average rapper these days?

MJ: 'I would have to say my passion overall. My strive to be great and work ethic is undeniable. Also, my ability to make "songs". I feel i am more than just lyrics, an "artist".




What are you working on at the moment?

MJ: "I am currently working on my newest project entitled Harsh Reality Vol. 1 ( #HarshRealityVol1). It is a highly anticipated mixtape that will be released within the next few months".





Do you have anything in the near future we should look out for?

MJ: "have my newest single entitled "The Message" off the Harsh Reality Vol. 1 project that will be released in a couple weeks".





Do you have any advice for artist who want to make it in the industry?

MJ: "Save your money lol Nothing in this world is free and it takes money to make money".



Twitter: @MjSmithMusicFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/mjdmv
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/mjsmith-1

No comments:

Post a Comment